Sunday, January 11, 2009

First TC (Enduro-Parkour training on Mount Royal)

Yesterday I went out to train with a group called Training Crew, the group I used to train parkour with goes indoors for the winter so I decided to go out with these guys instead. Was not the type of training I expected from a parkour group but apparently they're experimenting with winter training so it's all good. I shoulda wore boots though and got better gloves, I have a tiny bit of light frost bite on the tip of my pinky.
We all met up in a train station and lined up outside while the guys leading training tied us all together at the waist and gave us around six feet of slack. After everyone was tied and secured we walked and jogged to Mount Royal. Once there we alternated between walking, jogging, crawling, QM and climbing to get up. A few times we'd take the paths but we often just went through the frozen wild parts and snow. Had to climb around a near vertical rock with frozen sneakers and gloves but the rope was a big confidence booster (though it probably wasn't the best safety measure). We slide down the mountain on two different spots; once while we we we're all tied together and that was a bit scary due to large hard ice patches and another time just to speed our descent. We snuck into a pool and messed around in the snow for a while. A few of us when home the rest probably stayed a while no idea what they did, my hands and feet were gonna fall of and I was hungry...
I thnk I messed up my knee while crawling through the snow, I'll give it some time to see if it's alright, if it stays messed up I'll get it checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment