Thursday, January 1, 2009

Operation: Empty Grave

I'm back home for the winter break. I hung out with Cipher and I wanted to do an operation to check out a place we went to before (the grave yard from a previous op). There was a building there we saw but didn't really look into.
Gear:
Me-
Black cargo sweat pants
Black hoody
Woodland BDU jacket
Woodland bandanna
Black water shoes/thin sneakers
Cipher-
Woodland BDU pants
Brown and black camo hoody
Black bandanna
Grey sneakers

We went to the outside of the grave yard and circled around until we found our previous infiltration point (I didn't want to enter from the same spot as last time but it the only spot with no barbed wire). Once there I quickly went over the fence and waited on the other side for Cipher. He attempted to climb the fence but could get no footholds due to the size of his sneakers. He decided to go around to climb over the front gate where I would meet him. I tied my bandanna on and went through the brush with a hill to my left to prevent silhouetting, however travel was loud and awkward going. Once I could see the the front gate I crouched near a large pine tree and waited. As I waited and watched Cipher tried to climb the gate but apparently it was too slippery, he signed to me that he was gonna go back to the original infiltration point. I went back using a different path that was much quieter and smoother but would make me more visible from outside the grave yard.
As I reached the fence where Cipher was he told me he would climb over without his sneakers and then put them back on. He threw over his sneakers and climbed over. I led him to where the building was the quiet way, zig zagging from tree to bush to tree. As we approached we walked alongside a hill to blend with it. The building was much less exciting then we had hoped.
The building was basically a small garage with a car door a regular door (locked with a really large dead bolt) and a caged window. We tried all three to get in to check it out but no dice, our complete lack of equipment didn't help either. We left and checked the rest of the graveyard and found nothing of interest. By this point we relaxed a bit due to a complete lack of security and left the way we came.
All in all a boring operation,. Cipher needs to learn to climb better and develop more upper body strength. I learned that you can't always have all the elements of camouflage you want, like sacrificing greater invisibility to greatly reduce noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment