Friday, April 2, 2010

Tuesday until now; In chronological order

Tuesday:Went to class all that, blah blah. Later in the night there was a trash race planned but before I went to that I took a friend to see the dumpsters in my area, we got some fruits, vegetables, dairy and bread, nothing too exciting, but not a horrible run either.
The dumpster race was pretty fun, we started at TKJ/Dreads/Guts' place and weren't allowed to use dumpsters we already knew. I was teamed up with Dreads and West (a girl who's friends with Australia) and the other team was Ice Cream, Ithaca and TKJ. We found really random stuff, some necklaces, USB speakers and a hamburger phone. The other team didn't find anything but went to a dumpster we know and brought back a ton of bagels. We ate a ton of bagels into the night and Ithaca, Ice Cream and I ended up sleeping over.
Wednesday:
Woke up at TKJ/Dreads/Guts' place, Ice Cream and Ithaca were there. I think the beginning of the day was spent doing nothing particularly interesting, ate at the potato and just hung out. Later in the evening I met up with a few classmates and my old TA from a theatre class I took last semester for a reunion. That was a bit boring and I used the opportunity to take a nap. Afterward I met up with Pagoda for our "hot date" (according to Ithaca). We rode bikes to her neighborhood and locked up near Friendship Cove (where a show was going to start later) and did a bit of roofing while waiting for the doors to open. We went in and listened to live music and met up with friends and explored the rooftops, there was a gap that I really wanted to jump but decided not to because it was night and I couldn't judge the distance (I wanna go back and do it at some point).
After the show we went back to Pagoda's place and chilled and had tea and went to bed.
Thursday:
Pagoda wakes up at around 10 AM, she's off to work, since I'm up that early I decide to fill up my day and actually do what I kinda planned to do. I hop onto the bike and ride to the meeting spot of "Bike against the Pipe", a bike bloc protest against a pipeline that runs through Montreal.
It was good times, a lot of the crew showed up; Ice Cream, TKJ, Australia, West, Dreads, Ithaca and a few friends from everywhere. We rode out east until we got close to some refineries, once there there was a banner drop and some speeches about oil sucking and being bad. We headed to a refinery with a lawn afterward and ate a nice lunch there before heading back towards downtown, taking up two lanes :).
(if you wanna see some footage of the protest check this video out: http://vimeo.com/10634190)
After the Bike against the Pipe we (Australia, Ice Cream TKJ and another friend) went straight to a protest against Quebec's new budget. It was all good at first, music, flags, large amounts of people all that, but it got dicier later on.
A world trade building was open and people stormed in with a huge cardboard bill that said so and so company owes this much. Doors were locked at the top of staircases and they never managed to get to the offices I don't think. Riot cops arrived and tried to clear everyone out, we didn't stick around for that we left through another exit discreetly and went to the front of the building to see what was happening.
Riot cops were lined up in front of the main entrance and people were yelling at them and throwing stuff because they're you know, cops. After a bit people stopped throwing shit and yelling. People were just standing around being protesters when without warning or provocation the cops charge the crowd beating people and kicking shit over. Needless to say that we all grabbed out shit and run, well we did until we noticed TKJ on the ground clutching his arm, his face contorted into a grimace of pain.
He was sitting on the ground when the police charged and had tried to get up to get out of the way, some cop pushed him down and when he tried to get up again he got smashed on the wrist with a night stick! We were pissed. At first we thought there was a fracture but it was just a nasty bruise either way it was stupid, just charging a crowd unprovoked and without warning, I keep losing more and more respect for police as time goes by.
We bounced after that all headed in separate directions, I went with Ithaca and Ice Cream to Ice Cream's place where her family was waiting and immediately left with her to Ottawa. Me and Ithaca went to some boring meeting to plan an event at her school but left early due to ridiculous amounts of boring. Went back to the Coop and fell asleep.
Friday:
Wake, get dressed, find Ithaca, we head to a friend of her's for potluck brunch (pancakes and French toast ummmm). I climbed her friends roof for fun quickly and came back down. We all joked about it a bit since she was the only one who didn't see me get up or down. After a while I decided to show her and climbed up again.
At the top before I could let the sun really warm me, some crazy janitor guy starts yelling at me from street level, talking about how he'll call the cops, and I'll die and a bunch of ludicrous stuff that's all bullshit. Before I have time to react, a neighbor comes onto his own balcony and starts bitching at me as well. I tell them calmly that I'm just gonna come down and I'll be fine and all that. As I'm climbing down the girl's who's place we're at's upstairs neighbor smiles at me from her kitchen, I smile back an embarrassed smile since I'm kinda getting yelled at and trespassing and alla that. After getting back to the balcony I went back in and no police were called, the neighbor calmed down and sympathized and the crazy janitor left (hope I never see that guy again).
We bounced after that, I went home for a bit and hung with friends in the neighborhood.
Since it's Friday I had to jam with the Frozen Monkeys. Got there a bit (very) late but it was good times. We went to a new spot that I discovered on the ride to the second protest on Thursday, it wasn't as promising as I though but it was still pretty cool, lots of wall runs and cats not much in terms of vaulting and small technical stuff. Frozen Monkeys was Lil Jon, Columbia and I, we worked on turn vaulting large obstacles, wall runs and some other stuff. Lil Jon had messed up his leg not too long before and it was acting up so the jam wasn't the longest and we all left early.
After parkour I met up with a friend from home and a friend from here and we walked around the Old Port a bit then headed home.
Time to take a erst for the night, Pillow Fight Tomorrow!!!!!!!!111

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, Life's one big adventure to you Nokizaru, and that is the purity of it all. I sincerely hope that you continue on your journey and as you always do make the best of everys single moment. My only wish is that I could join you in them. See ya around.

    ReplyDelete