Monday, October 11, 2010

Long ass night

The original plan was to go to see Vibesquad at Belmont, but that's not what happened, I just got home from a long ass night*. Started by messing around on youtube with my roomies before heading to my friend's house party as a pre-Vibesquad thing, that was okay for a bit, I was with DJ and NJ (a roomie of mine) when I got there and we met up with Igs and her friend. The party was at Pines' place so I caught up with him. We hung out a bit and talked before leaving to see Vibesquad.
Only to find out that the show was cancelled because they didn't get past immigration. We hopped bars for a while but everything sucked, we ended up dumpstering at pharmaprix and heading back to the apartment, DJ was already there because he thought the night was dead zone. While we thought of things to do he left the house to go home. We looked online for punk shows and good parties but to no avail. We were getting ready to call it a night when we got a call from DJ he walked past the Vibesquad venue on his way home and there was a sign on the door with the location of another party meant to replace the Vibesquad one. We looked up the address realized it was super close and headed out.
While we walked we ran into DJ who was waiting and we hung out with this girl who was being chased by her skateboarder friend. Once we got to the warehouse, the show was $3 which is good considering I expected to pay $5. We walked in and started dancing...
We danced a shit ton, ran into a bunch of people we knew and had a good time. We left a bit after all the music finished and just hung out outside the place for a while until a friend invited us all to chill at this huge loft as a sort of after party, we walked a bit and got to this industrial neighborhood (I tore up my shorts hopping a fence for fun), their loft was in a big old institutional looking building and it was huge.
It was a DIY place in that they had built their own mezzanine, had to use hotplates and shit for their kitchen and basically where living in an office space under some type of business permit they were working on. Met a few cool peeps there, some of whom had seen me around apparently. We all chilled there until like 5ish in the morning then decided to head home, 'cept Igs and her friend we left before them...
Got home, Kunoichi was up, kinda traumatized from seeing something stupid and terrible go down in the street, we stayed up a bit to give some comfort and just hang (while I sewed up my torn shorts).
As soon as she left and NJ left the room, I fell fast asleep...

*I started writing this last night at around 6AM

No comments:

Post a Comment