Tuesday, October 5, 2010

misinterpretation

Talking to Ithaca progressed as the day continued, it all seemed good until I got a poem from her, she wrote it herself.
Some context, after explaining the story of everything that happened with me and Ithaca to Barracuda I kinda realized that I had been in an abusive relationship, I didn't want to call it such, because I didn't want to be a survivor, I didn't want to call Ithaca a perpetrator. I guess I knew it but just didn't want to admit it to myself, anyways what happened happened, can't change the past...
Anyways, back to the poem, it was basically Ithaca saying that she was abusive mostly, but a small part explained how she coped with treating me badly; by viewing me badly and the way it was described was way more than I could take. I took it as a personal attack and felt really shitty, I went to Banana (a roomie of mine) and cried and told her about it, and she's the one that made me see that it wasn't written with malicious intent (Ithaca hadn't explained this to me and didn't want to talk about it...) it made less shitty feeling.
I told Ithaca my new interpretation in an email, I hope it's correct and she didn't see me as a disgusting person...

No comments:

Post a Comment