Monday, October 26, 2009

Also on the way home

I wake up at Down's place and everyone (her and her two roomies) are preparing the thanks giving stuff, I stay in bed enjoying the sun and dozing until about 4ish. I get up then and we hang out until people show up for dinner. It's a good time and about halfway through me and down are playing with each others feet under the table until we all decide to clean up. After cleaning and chatting and tea we all head home. On my way home I take the alley shortcut and since I'm wearing all my dumpster clothes I check every dumpster on the way but no luck...
I then do the pharmacy dumpster to see if I have any luck there, well, I don't, the same stuff as the last two raids, I can see that nothing has even moved...
On the way back to the apartment I decide to check the bins behind the coffee shop, they hadn't warmed up to me in the two times I checked them so I thought maybe third time is the charm.
As I'm heading towards them I see two guys dressed in black go into the alley and I feel that I may have to compete for whatever is in the dumpsters. I turn the corner into the alley and see a whole group of guys in leather jackets talking in French to each other. I think they're a gang and after seeing me (dressed like a dirty bum complete with dirty backpack) they decide to move to another spot to chat. In the dumpster I find four slices of pizza, two pepperoni and two with ham and peppers. I snag those, there's other pizza but it's flavors I wouldn't eat and they seem bad (maybe white cheese looks just as gross in a dumpster...)
I head home and finish the twizzlers and eat two pepperoni slices and throw away one of the ham and pepper ones as it seems bad. One slice is left in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment