Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Operation: New Neighbor

Yesterday afternoon when I woke, I showered ect. When I opened the curtains to let what little sun shone into the alley into my room I noticed that there was scaffolding filling the alley, I peeked out and noticed that it was maybe two stories and they were still building it up. I went back later that night, I called my neighbor (Kouka Mono) who told me he was interested in "ninja stuff" and climbing shit, but he was studying.
Gear:
Me-
Black Long Sleeve Shirt
Black Cargo Sweatpants
Black Water Shoes
Kouka Mono-
Grey Hoodie
Jeans
Grey Sneakers
I walked out my front door, and down the stairs, checked the street for anyone, all clear. I dash into the alley and look at the scaffolding. It goes all the way up to the roof of the building next to where I live and it's pressed against the wall so no scary 5th story jumping required, yay. There are three ways up, all three are basically just ladders, I take the middle, climb up three stories. Once on the third I realize I need to take a different way up because the workers added wood to the top and I can climb through it. I climb a bit higher to a lower and much thinner wood platform and carefully walk along it until I'm at the back of the scaffolding. From there I continue my climb up, I get to the wooden platform and I have to pull up with my arms leaving my legs to dangle, it's always uncomfortable but at this point I'm used to this stuff. I hoist myself up and from there climb over the ledge and start exploring the roof.
There's a nice view of the downtown skyline and there are some other roofs to check out, I climb down a story and check out my neighbors' roofs, they're all wet and saggy so I tread lightly. I decide I want to take a pic of the skyline. I wallrun up to the first roof and climb down the scaffolding. I go into the apartment and ask Ting to pass me his camera. I head back to Kouka Mono and tell him he should check the roof, he's down after I tell him it only takes five minutes. I head down to the alley and wait for him.
I've already photographed the scaffolding when he gets out. I hear him talking to someone asking if I've already gone up, I slip out of the shadows (I notice be brought his roomie, but I'm ok with that) and explain the best route up then start climbing. I get up and take pics and we explore teh roofs I've seen last time. I'm pleasantly surprised that Kouka Mono can do a wall run untrained and doesn't need any help getting up or down. After that we climb down and it's over.
Lessons learned:
None really, climbing scaffolding is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment