Monday, January 31, 2011

Like I ride a ghost bike

I'd like to think I ride fast, but the winter is catching up with my slowly. Last Friday my key snapped off in my enormous lock and I had to hide my bike until I got my shitty U-lock back from TKJ. That's not the big deal though, I went to a locksmith earlier and they were able to get the key piece out (fo' free). However, on the way there I noticed a few things:
a) My bike is almost all white, from salt build up
b) Most of my moving parts are covered in frozen slush
c) My cranks are either rusted or very much frozen to the point of moving slowly.
So the things I need to do are, respectively:
a) wipe down bike with a wet rag while indoors, then dry it
b) keep bike indoors long enough that all the slush I didn't aggressively kick off, melts off, then dry those parts too
c) lubricate and allow my cranks to defrost
A trip to the bike shop has to happen soonish, my bike is singing to me and by singing I mean squeaking a thirst for lube and oil and spring. Oh Bicycle, how I too long for the long days and warm breezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment