Wednesday, February 9, 2011

bike repairs

I love hanging out at the community bike shop! I always feel so productive and knowledgeable. I'm not a bike guru at all and probably barely qualify as a bike geek for that matter, but I feel that I can usually figure my way around my bicycle or learn quickly enough. I took the bike in a few days ago and tightened up the brakes, cleaned and lubed moving parts and generally adjusted a bit of everything. The best bike rides (aside from long summer ones that involve carrying home free food) are the ones where you roll home from the bike shop post-repairs on your oh so properly functional bike!
Winter is still around putting sticks in my wheels though, and by putting sticks in my wheels I mean being so cold that my brakes freeze. I totally forgot to re-tighten the back brakes after I loosened them to adjust them, so I'll fix that up soon when I grab my wrench back from TKJ....

No comments:

Post a Comment