Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bujinkan and Parkour

I have a ton of free time so I've been able to train a lot. I train parkour every saturday with Pines and it's good, I feel myself improving. I'm considering signing up to a Bujinkan dojo to improve my martial skill. It took a free lesson there to try it out.
At the dojo I learned more ways to apply boshiken, some hanbo (3 foot stick) fighting, these weird rolls (I'd learned them differently at my last Bujinkan dojo) and of course some regular hand to hand. Overall I felt it was good and I will probably join. There's only one problem, and that is that everything is taught in Quebecois French which still sounds weird to me, but it'll be like learning two things at once.
Went out to train with Pines today, he brought out a friend who I'll call Chest (he's been shirtless every time I've been with him). He's done cross-country running (like Pines), and is learning stuff pretty quickly although he cut up his hand doing some wall runs and trying to grab onto a cement ledge. We did our regular migration through a bunch of spot; we start at a place we call The Fort which is a large cement structure that has nice grippy walls and ledges, nice for vaulting and wall runs. We then go to Black Marble a place we named after the black marble that it's built from, it's slippery-ish but it's nice for general stuff. We move onto a place I call the Steppe (it's flat and tan, and it has steps lol) which is a great place to work on flow as the obstacles are just lined up waiting to be conquered. we take a short cut through some square thing and then go to a place where there is a jump we call the "Balls Precision". It's a precision jump that is relatively easy but has a pipe in the middle that threatens to tear them off if you jump too low. Our last big spot is the campus of Pine's girlfriend's school. It has all kindsa stuff to do, but every time I go I try a certain kong to cat that always fails, last time I ended up slipping on some ice, and this time I slipped because of mud on my shoes, I'll get it next time. We got kicked by security for training precisions but no chase just some guard with a nasal voice telling us we had to learn, it's such a great spot we'll probably be back though...

No comments:

Post a Comment