Monday, May 18, 2009

E-books and sparring with Ken and some other stuff

Today trained with Ken again in the park, it's happening often (but irregularly). We had a sparring session basically with a small break where I taught him how to roll with the bokken. Was good to go at each other full speed (but a bit painful), I learned to better use my environment to distract the eyes or take advantage of the environment to trap and hinder the movement of an opponent. I'm probably going to write a bit about ninja no ken (ninja sword fighting) based on Bujinkan footwork when I learn more. Ken is a great learner and since he's running on instinct mostly at this point it's great for me too because I get to see how someone without extensive training would react instead of someone in a dojo. Also saw more people doing slack rope in out training spot, they didn't know the other people that came the day before, I guess it's just a good slack rope spot. Ken bought "The Tao of Jeet Kun Do" by Bruce Lee which I look forward to reading when he's done.
Also I uploaded some of my writing on ninja stuff (a stealth guide and a fire escape guide), you can get them here or here.
On a side note I saw Crisis again yesterday, for the first time since last break. He's really into Pick Up so I might use this summer to actually get out there and practice and fool around. Despite what I though Crisis has been pretty active ninja-wise during the year despite being in a frat (eww). Glad it's summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment