Saturday, May 16, 2009

Swords and Jumps

I've been doing lots of parkour and bokken sword fighting. It's great, not long ago I was training with Reaper and he showed me a cool playground and explained how I could improve my cat balance. The BSODtv guys are doing a camping trip next month and that sounds like a good time so I might show up to that.
Also the sword fighting, I've been training a lot with the guy who I bought the bokken with, (we'll call him Ken because he likes swords and streetfighter), Ken's been learning some parkour from me slowly and we're developing a kenjutsu style based on budo taijutsu footwork. Yesterday as we trained in our usual spot in the park we ran into a guy and a chick walking slack rope so after training a bit we went and tried it out (it's really technical) and hung with them a bit before going to a playground and fighting at half speed with the bokken to develop techniques. We did that until a security guard told us the park was closed (the gate was open though)...
So far summer is great, hopefull Pines will come by a bit and meet the rest of BSC and possibly join us, I feel Ken has potential if he trains often and could be BSC material as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment