Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kenjutsu and Choreographed fights

Today the day started with kenjutsu in the park with Ken, I learned a fair bit about parrying and riposting with the katana. Almost broke the tsuba on the sword, once it's broken I'll take it off the bokken. After some training in the park (we did some empty hand stuff on the side), we met up with Crisis and some other friends.
We moved to a parkour spot and jumped around a bit. After jumping around Crisis and a friend decided to choreograph a sword fight with my and Ken's bokken. We moved to a playground, where they finished their choreography with a bit of input from me and Ken. It looked great. I decided to try it out, me and Crisis did a short parkour chase/street fight martial arts choreography. Needless to say little kids loved it, watching us go at it with swords, jump over stuff and pretend to beat each others faces in.
All in all a good day and a great learning experience in fight choreography and swordsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment