Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Parkour Conditioning

Yesterday I was supposed to hang with some new friends but they didn't call and I slept in. I ended up going to parkour conditioning in the the city. Was a great time.
The first half was just everyone (a bunch of us) messing around at the playground and the rocks in in Central, wallruns, cats, tic tacs some vaulting. Met a bunch of traceurs and freerunners and martial artists that I never saw before, which means I clearly need to get out and train with everyone instead of just me and Crisis.
The second half was conditioning led by Sha and Pyro (they're traceurs who've been at it a while and are cut and buff respectively). It was intense by most peoples standards. I was tired at the end but not too sore, I want to go to these more often to have good conditioning for the entire body which a bigger part of parkour than I realized before. Some stuff we did were inchworms, QMing stairs, QM push ups, kong throughs and a bunch of other stuff.
At one point before the conditioning I learned a bit of drunken boxing from this guy, but I don't remember too much, it seems to strange and elaborate to be very effective in terms of technique unless you condition the hands and wrists and practice the movements a ton, but it's a type of Kung Fu so I shouldn't expect anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment