Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back home

I'm back home in NYC!!! I'm really excited to be home and see my family. I came home a day early and surprised my parents and sister, they were all really happy. I got a bike! My dad and I went to a bike shop and the owner is cool with my dad and gave me a free bike because my dad is gonna fix up his drum set, I put my mom's rack on the back and set up a crate and threw some duct tape on the seat, it's a master piece lol.
I think I got the whole me feeling weird in Homer thing figured out. Ithaca's house is full of tension (between her and her siblings and parents) and we had an interesting discussion last night about how she was raised and raising kids and family environments and her situation at home and it cleared up a lot for me and helped me learn a lot about both myself and Ithaca. Being in that stressful environment with all the tension between everyone and seeing Ithaca being treated like shit and giving everyone shit and just the general conflict that was common place combined with the boredom of being not in a metropolis got to me the last few days and I kinda shut down socially, being a lot quieter and reserved and generally being in a neutral state between happy and sad, it wasn't super shitty or uncomfortable but I'd rather be happy all the time like normal...
All's well that ends well and I'm well now, I hope that Ithaca doesn't stay negative after leaving her home and arriving because if that's the case I don't think I'll want to keep what we have going honestly. We'll see what happens when she's here.
I've been looking at things happening in NYC soon and I've found a lot of cool stuff to show up to; there's a protest soon, a lot of anarchist groups I wanna check out, THREE food not bombs, a environmental activist bike co-op and an activist cafe/bookstore among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment