Sunday, July 11, 2010

Long weekend

This weekend was good times, 'cept Friday which was pretty boring; had planned to hang out with Since, but she flaked. Saturday was good times, I stayed home in the morning and ordered some books I wanted online (crimethinc stuff mostly). Afterward I headed into Park Slope to a friend's block party where I hung out with friends. We went to an arcade for a bit and then back to the block party. My friends Bigs and Wedge had come by then and all three of us went to a party after stopping by Cipher's house to pick him up to come with us as well, (his dad gave me some good info about bike messengers).
At the party it was pretty standard, not much of any interest, the host and a lot of her guests were lesbian (which is fine in my book) but that group kept to themselves a lot and so I hung with Bigs and Wedge and a few people I knew and the groups didn't mix much :(
As the night grew old various party things happened: people made out, someone puked, someone passed out, people enjoyed greasy food, people played drinking games etc...
A bunch of us went to go sleep at a friends house to finish the night.
Brunch in the morning at a dinner, tabled a huge meal, pancakes, potatoes, waffles, French toast, was almost queasy from how much I ate. Hung out in Barnes and Nobles, I contemplated stealing a map of Manhattan but decided I'd only do it if I got a job as a bike messenger. Me bigs and Wedge went to Prospect and cut towards the front of the line to a concert. While we were waiting for the gates to open some guy tried to be smooth and cut in by befriending a group of young people behind us. This one girl was ICE cold and totally ragged on him until he came to us and saw that we really didn't care so he suck with us. He stuffed beer into his pants and was generally humorous. The concert itself stretched on forever, Talib Kweli, The Roots, and a bunch of bands under the banner of OK Africa performed. Unfortunately Talib only did maybe 5 minutes of performing, the Roots however were awesome so that was good. The problem was that most of the OK Africa were boring as fuck so waiting for the good acts was lame.
Left the concert and hopped on my bike and rode home.
Talked with Ithaca online a bit and now I'm writing this and of course reading anarchist propaganda...

No comments:

Post a Comment