Saturday, July 3, 2010

graves, food and parks among other things

Before yesterday was a day all about cheap food. Took Ithaca and a friend that's staying here to see DUMBO, where we dumpstered some (read: a lot) of pita bread at a bakery. After checking DUMBO a bit we headed to the lower east side to go to Bluestockings but ended up in wholes foods where I grabbed some all purpose soap and some cream for Ithaca's skin, she bought some hummus and lemonade, we went to the park nearby and had a picnic thing while we watched people playing basketball. I started to feel a bit strange at this point but I wasn't too sure why...
After foods we hit bluestockings and then went to my mom's friend's place to talk and hang out a bit, there I realized I was feeling strange but wasn't too sure why. We left after a bit and went to get bubble tea and Chinese food, I didn't buy anything but was able to table dive a soup and a whole order of noodles from a table nearby, after seeing me table the soup and noodles a girl nearby passed me a dumpling which was pretty awesome :D.
The whole ride home I thought about why I was feeling weird and settled various thoughts in my head while Ithaca and my mom and our friend talked in the kitchen. Everyone split up and I told Ithaca I wanted to tell her things in private at some point. She joined me a bit later and I explained to her that I felt jealous of her and our friend, not for any particular reason other than the way he carries himself and the atmosphere that hung around us at my mother's friend's place, Ithaca was stroking our friend's hair while leaning on me, which my mom's friend commented on, somewhat poking at the idea that we were a triad or having threesomes which Ithaca jokingly agreed with.
"Feel no guilt in your desire" I say this all the time whether it's about sexual preference or polyamory or whatever, and I explained that in the end I thought it would be totally okay if Ithaca did like our friend or if they had a history or anything like that but I felt uncomfortable not knowing what has happening. It turns out that nothing is happening in between them (despite a few sexual jokes and comments on his behalf that made me feel uncomfortable because they were about Ithaca) and what I interpreted as sexual tension was nothing, that's just the way he carries himself. I felt reassured and relieved. I feel it was the fact that I didn't know how Ithaca was feeling that bugged me more than the idea that she might like/be involved with/want to experiment with someone else.
Yesterday we all rolled into park slope, We checked out the food coop and got a tour. On the way out I ran into my yoga teacher from high school, she's going to start teaching martial arts and no longer teaches yoga to youth, she teaches adults with mental disabilities now, I wanna check out her martial arts class and see her again because she recently visited China and I'd like to hear about that.
Afterward we headed to the library and dropped Ithaca there and rolled around the park. we stopped twice; once to sneak into a cemetery (which went smoothly, except that we got spotted by a park worker but he was on the other side of the fence and didn't catch us) and once to read books by the water. We left after reading a bit and found Ithaca in the library and went home, watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and just hung around the house.
Today was alright too, woke early and went to the beach, our friend spent the day doing his own thing, he went to the MoMA and hung with a friend of his in Manhattan. After the beach I went to a friend's birthday in the park and hung there while Ithaca stayed home and then accompanied my sister on her "date" (she's been flipping out about this French guy that's visiting NY and staying at his grandmother's/my mom's friend's place). A bit into the "date" Ithaca sent a text saying she felt like a third wheel and I should come by, I stayed a bit longer at the park and then headed to meet them all near Union Square. Once there it was the same thing, sit around in Union, steal from Whole Foods, walk around alla that. Came home after that, where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment