Monday, December 20, 2010

things happening as of late

Some fun things:
*Seeing Crisis and other NY friends
*Driving down and hanging out in Burlington with Giggles and her roomie.
*Bringing my parents to a freegan (ugh I hate that word, read: dumpster diver) movie night where we saw two movies about dumpstering:
1- The Leftovers
2- Dive
The second was more cool than the first and connected a lot of issues, which I liked
*Going to Food not Bombs and running into the same people as I did, also talking about squatting in Oakland to this cool punk girl.
*Biking across the Manhattan Bridge!
*Hearing loud obnoxious people have loud obnoxious conversations on their cell phones in public places.
*Making stuff for Christmas (a buttflap for my sister, a bag for my mom, for my dad, a drum stick holder?)
*Hanging with family
*Helping out with the free store


Some shitty things include:
-my zipper getting stuck for long periods of time
-going to court
-(kinda) having a cell phone

Talked about my future with my parents a bit, and I'm probably gonna pursue learning permaculture to gain a skill of some sort that will last forever and can be used as work. I'm pretty happy with my craftiness at the moment. I've made a buttflap for my sister and it looks awesome, I'm working on a bag for my mom and I realized I can easily make stuff from trash and people like it. I'll probably make pouches and flaps and stuff and sell 'em on the mountain in the spring or give them to friends or something...
Looking forward to go to dumpster at Trader Joe's at some point before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment