Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Melons and Movies

I have a theory; if you watch a movie and then eat honeydew melon only good things will come of it. lemme give you some context:
Like three days ago I dumpstered two melons (among other things). I expected them to be a bit sour or over ripe. That's all the context you need for now.
Yea I didn't have a control group but I'm pretty sure that everyone that didn't watch a movie and then eat melon didn't have as good a time as I did when I did watch a movie and then eat melon. If you didn't consider yourself control and me and my experiences as treatment. Here's what happened:
Monday was Cinema Politica, the movie Sweet Crude was awesome, even more awesome however was running into Nat afterward, I had been carrying a melon with me all evening to share but never got the chance to. Nat wanted to find the bread dumpster I showed him last week, I was like forget that wanna come over and eat bread and chill? He was down, we doubled on the bike, stopped to dumpster some oranges and then broke open the melon when we got in. The melon (a honeydew) turned out to be the most delicious melon like ever! We tore it apart, roomies came by and we all ate and had good conversation and good times were had by all. Good night :)
Last night I hung out at home a bit and then remembered that my friend Kiwi told me she was gonna start showing movies at her house on Tuesdays. I called halfway through baking some risotto balls and said don't wait for me but I might show up. I kinda forgot about it, but ended up riding there after eating and wasting a bit of time on the internets.
I rode over, locked up and joined in watching the movie, seeing a few familiar people either came over to watch and/or lived with Kiwi. I saw down and watched Gasland with everyone, good times I ended up sitting next to Kiwi after some people left and seats were re-appropriated. Some hair tussling ensued, if you want to stun me and completely distract me from whatever I am doing scratch my head, if I could pur I would.
Anyways we all got up and ate some melon (yea now things get even more awesome, since you know melon has been eaten and movies have been watched). We hung in the kitchen a bit and then Kiwi suggested we watch some parkour videos so we did, except we was just me and her, one thing led to another and I biked home the next morning to get my school stuff and head to class. Self esteem has gone up a bit, I feel pretty happy that I'm not the only one that appreciates that I don't wear underwear...

No comments:

Post a Comment