Monday, June 7, 2010

Ithaca isn't New York and the LES isn't the MTL

Summer is upon us! Alas I've been disappointed socially in a few areas of my life in terms of my summer so far. Ithaca and I are going through a rough patch, at first I thought I was jealous (wow, I didn't even know I could feel that way, this is new to me) of her spending time doing fun stuff without me, but we talked a bit tonight and yesterday and she feels smothered, we've been spending so much time together in close proximity living together and alla that, that it seems less meaningful and also that I'm not "doing what I want" the same way I did in Montreal, (ie just following whatever impulse led me to whatever event and if Ithaca wasn't there whatever) which makes sense since in retrospect I was trying to make sure I spent a lot of time with her while since she was here. I'm probably gonna try to make an effort to spend time with whoever I feel like, I never thought I'd be clingy but I guess that's kinda what I was doing...
I was thinking to myself that I should start seeing someone else as well as Ithaca like I was in Montreal, that kept her "on her toes" so to speak and also made sure I didn't make any one person or group feel that I was giving them too much attention (think: Ice Cream and Pagoda). I have a few people in mind that I would be happy to be in some kind of relationship with, it may be a problem of course since you know when Ithaca is in NY she sleeps at the house.
The Lower East Side, highly romanticized both in my head and in the book Resistance is very cool, but isn't what I expected of it. I mean I guess I was looking for a militant youth scene like in Montreal but that's not the case and I may have to create that scene on my own (Crisis and some other peeps maybe). The scene is a lot older and seems to be less about direct action in the militant sneak around at night or yell at protests sense.
In other news Ithaca is gonna head home on Wednesday until probably Monday to work more. This'll let me get into a good social routine that doesn't revolve around her and allow me time to (pretend) to look for work and see all the friends I haven't seen yet (potential lovers included). I guess it was ridiculous to think that any one person could fulfill any and all desires any other one person has, you need a network of friends and lovers and family and acquaintances and strangers and all that.
Also I wanna start a squat at some point in the not too too distant future, probably in Brooklyn in my neighborhood. Ideally I'd fix it up, throw up some solar panels and only pay property tax and maybe internet (fuck cable TV, fuck land lines, I'll find a way to heat up water fo free too probs). Of course the house would be green as fuck; recycling, compost (shit included), water reuse/conservation, bike stuffs, dumpstered and gardened and shoplifted foods, maybe some chickens, etc...
Yar it's summer I feel that there's a lot of potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment