Sunday, June 27, 2010

Camping and being thrifty

For the last three days I was camping with Ithaca, my family joined us for the last two days, we got back a few hours ago.
However, my last post was pissed off and in writing about what I was angry about I neglected to mention a variety of awesome things that happened, probably on the day before the day I posted. Me and Ithaca left the house pretty early and went into the Lower East Side and hung out in bluestockings reading and laying around. After ward we checked around Chinatown for some tapioca pearls which we found after maybe half an hour. Having accomplished that we headed back to Brooklyn with the intent of finding coconut milk (never happened), buying train tickets to go camping, and finding a tent for under $50. We bought tickets and bike permits (which I think we could have got away with not buying) pretty easily and then headed to target for a tent, while there we saw a few things that could be of use to Ithaca, a sleeping bag for adults that cost too much, and an XD card that also probably cost too much (but I didn't actually check the price). The solution: put the expensive sleeping bag into the box of an inexpensive sleeping bag and rip the packaging off the XD card, of course you know I didn't do any of that because it's bad, but Ithaca has a new sleeping bag and a new XD card for her camera ;) We stopped at teh library to see if books I had ordered had arrived but they hadn't so I'm probably gonna stop over tomorrow to pick them up, Ithaca has to drop books off as well...
Camping was good times, we rode bikes to the train and rode from the train station to the campsite, we stopped to free some stuff at a chain store and stopped to eat on the side of the road before arriving to throw up our tent. We spent most of our time camping at the beach or hanging around the tent, not super exciting but still pleasant and enjoyable. Parents, sister and her friend joined us after the first night and we all hung together mostly on the beach still. This morning we broke up camp, rode to the train, and rode home.
Might see Since later in the week or during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment