Sunday, February 14, 2010

Food Not Bombs and other free stuffs

Today I went to Food Not Bombs for the first time. It was good times, I went with one of Kunoichi's roomies and when I got there I also ran into my friend TKJ (Dreads' and Gut's new roomie). It was an interesting experience; I cooked stir fry with this French girl and then took my bike downtown and met everyone to give out food. After we gave out food, I was told there was a party at the coop that night, so I took my bike back and waited for everyone there(it's faster than the subway most times).
The party was decent and TKJ stayed there so we chilled a lot, the music got good before we left so some dancing did go down (including a pretty cool bboy). However the best things were happening after we started to leave.
TKJ was a bit drunk and wanted McDonalds, I agreed after a bit of convincing since he was treating because I usually don't eat there. We got in line and started to wait when we spotted two drunk girls and this guy making a huuuuuge mess with their food, TKJ saw the opportunity and we took their seats as soon as they left. After sifting through some empty containers we found 4 nuggets, a full coke, part of a sandwich and a ton of fries, that with the sandwiches we ordered made the whole thing awesome. Before heading out TKJ filled the empty coke cup with ketchup and got a lid.
As we were walking home we noticed a bike leaning against a telephone pole unlocked! The chain was dead but the rest of it was nice so we walked it to TKJ's place where Dreads could probably fix it up in no time.
I continued past their place and decided to check a few dumpsters on the way home with the phone flashlight. All of them came up dry except the locked pharmacy dumpster, after squeezing in with my jacket on I was able to rescue:
10 Cans of Coke
2 Bars of White Chocolate
1 Bag of Brownie Mix
4 Chocolate Pudding
4 Strawberry Applesauce
1 Carton of Chai Tea Latte
I got home and Ting was just about to go out and get Coke so I got there just in time, I put everything away, ate a bit and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment