Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hide and steal

Yesterday was Ultimate hide and seek. It took place in Grand Central Station so needless to say it was pretty fun, and subsequently shut down by the police.
This game was about avoidance and social stealth. I got to meet what seems to be a bunch of people from the current NY parkour scene, ran into a lot of friends and generally had a good time. Afterward we all reconvened at McDonald's for a bit, me and Shorty (a friend that shows up at these kind of events a lot and is an avid shoplifter) scammed some free drinks by getting a cup of water and abusing the self serve soda fountains. I had $0 with me and was starting to get hungry, earlier I had table dived some from some friends, but not that much.
The only reasonable thing was to go to whole foods. Shorty had brought a tote bag from a nearby book store so she could do some free shopping, I was wearing cargo pants as is the norm, Shorty's boyfriend had a back pack and a jacket so storage wasn't a problem for any of us. We came out with a wrap/burrito each and a few things we took for ourselves. Ended up eating well despite being broke the whole day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment