Thursday, November 12, 2009

Roof and Food ninjas

Alright so yo, parkour teaching today at the nearby campus. I wanted to do some parkour and lately I've been realizing that I enjoy teaching it as much as I enjoy training or conditioning or just doing parkour, not that I'm a master teaching but I feel a learn a lot about my own style and the finer details behind techniques when I explain them and do them over and over slowly and quickly.
I was teaching Kunoichi, we started with rolling, we had to get over the different hand placement of the parkour roll as opposed to the ninjutsu roll that was in her muscle memory from before. After that we worked on the reverse vault, it's strange, she does it better than the two handed vault. Cipher does the same thing, his "natural vault" is the reverse vault as he puts it. We did a bit of jumping work, playing around with height and distance. The last thing we worked on and by far the toughest for Kunoichi was the wallrun and the climb up/pop vault. We went into a building drank some water and then started heading home.
I decided to check out the gymnasium building from when me, Pines and Kusa did the "roof marathon" at the end of last spring. Well, the route is still there but the fence that was once horizontal and easy to bypass is now vertical and slightly less easy to slip under. We went up all the ladders and appreciated the skyline while keeping an eye on the janitors in the windows (making sure they keep their eyes off us). I tried going down another ladder, to a fire escape and then to ground level instead going down about five ladders but there was a ladder cover and I wasn't sure if Kunoichi would deal with is well yet, I went back up and we took the easy way down. Went back to Kunoichi's a bit, drank tea hung with her roomies etc...
Got home made some soup for dinner, Kusa asked me if I planned on diving, lol, of course. I go to the fruit place with him, the results:
1 box of baby spinach
1 box of baby arugula
2 heads of broccoli
2 limes
16 boxes of raspberries
1 box of black berries (I took all 17 boxes and made jam so it'd last longer)
4 green bell peppers
2 red bell peppers
We dropped those at the apartment and Kusa hit the hay. I went out again, to the compactor and the pharmacy dumpster I brought back:
1 box of Halloween chocolate
1 tube of Colg4te
1 red bead bracelet
1 three set of head/hair bands
2 jars of onion chip dip
1 jar of peanuts
1 can of almonds
2 energy efficient light bulbs
2 40 watt light bulbs
1 can of Pr1ngles chips
1 stack of CD-Rs
1 box of cough/cold throat strips
2 tubes of chap stick
1 tube of facial scrub
1 pair of blue headphones
1 roll of twine
1 can of tomato sauce
2 cans of microwaveable stew
2 AAA batteries
2 packs dill pickle sunflower seeds
4 packs seasoned sunflower seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment