Friday, November 27, 2009

Theatre Acrobatics and lonely diving boards

Today, (well yesterday at this point) I was in theatre class when the class was split and sent to different rooms to hear people tell individual stories. The room we went to was a small all black theatre room with four rows of seats and an awesome very climbable looking grid of metal rods halfway to the ceiling. I wanted very badly to ascend the ladder and have a good time messing around on the top of the thing, but teachers and students and class were all hindering me, so I'd have to wait for a window of opportunity to explore a bit. As people told their stories for the class I thought about swinging around on the bars and checking out the catwalks.
As we left the room I considered hanging back and waiting for the room to empty itself but that would be too obvious unless I hid during the bustle of the mass movement. We returned to the main auditorium only to have the main professor tell us that we would have a quick five minute break. I grinned to myself, I was all to happy to slip into the hallway and return to the black theatre on my own. I got into the room, happy to be alone and quietly went up the ladder, once at the top I gave myself a quick tour of the catwalk which went along three sides of the room, I tested my weight on the metal bars and they seemed to shake a bit, I was disappointed. I had decided to return to the ladder and head back to the auditorium when I spotted another ladder concealed behind the cage around the first one that led up to a false ceiling, I quickly flew up that one and was happy to see a bunch of graffiti from previous adventurous students, I looked around at the dusty vents and ceiling slats and then marked "Urban Nokizaru" in pencil on an insulated pipe then headed back down to the catwalks.
I decided that I would try the metal grid once more before heading back to class, this time at the opposite end of the room. The grid seemed sturdy at this point but I got down on all fours QMing to distribute my weight "just in case" (also it was scary as shit to walk around on the 3 cm diameter metal pipes that were covered in dust and wiring). I made it my mission to cross the room on the grid and return. It was sketchy and I spent a lot of time slowly testing the strength of the individual bars but I eventually got across and back, then down the ladder. As I returned to class I was just in time to catch the middle and end of this PUA/magician guy's story about how he likes impressing people. The prof and her TAs gave me a weird look but probably thought nothing of it as I sat down and vanished into the mass of late students who sat around me.
I didn't dive tonight, no time, well there was but I didn't capitalize on it at all, instead I worked on a paper (which I have yet to finish, bleh) tried with Kusa to meet and chill with out upstairs neighbors (it didn't work out they thought it'd be a good idea to go to bed before 1 AM, sigh, some people are just weird I guess) and hanging with Ting and Kusa just talking and relaxing. Don't worry dumpsters I'll pay you guys a visit soon, my friends wants to see what you guys are like.

No comments:

Post a Comment