Friday, March 26, 2010

Cold/Confused

Today was kinda shitty...
Last night was blanket forts at Ice Cream's place with a bunch of peeps, we played mafia, watched movies all the cool sleep over stuff. That was fine, stuff started to suck when we all had to wake early to eat breakfast and do stuff for Food Not Bombs, I like Food not Bombs but not in the morning early as shit. On it's own that woulda been fine, but the weather was something like -15 according to TKJ (who told me later). This threw me off, I'm used to wearing less clothing than most people feel is appropriate for whatever weather is at hand (well 'cept summer), so I was in a tank top and sleeveless hoodie and a pair of shorts when I opened the door to leave.
For the first time I was dressed in less than even I felt I should have been. I still did everything I was supposed to all day, Food not Bombs, lunch at the Potato, more FnB, skipped parkour, sorry Frozen Monkeys, too cold and tired.
Cold, I've realized that I've developed more than a physical resiliency to the cold, I actually can't feel it that much, on the bike I didn't have any gloves, but as we moved I felt my hands get number and less coordinated but never really colder, I have to be careful with this. When I got inside it took a good 10-15 minutes to get my full coordination back into my hands (including my pinky, it took longer because it got frost bite last year when I trained with training crew).
I of course didn't take the time to think it was actually cold and pushed myself thinking that my cold tolerance was diminishing...
*sigh*
Ice Cream, I don't know what's going on with her. She wants to talk about what each of us wwant out of the friendship/relationship but we never got to it being a bit busy the whole day. I'm not sure what to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment