Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Bonfire

I like hot weather.
Saturday was the first day of spring.
A while back I was talking to someone and I told them I'd make a fire on the first day of spring, that's just what I did. I even told people to come and enjoy it with me around 8ish.
V and Australia showed up first, I was dead tired when they arrived. Australia was supposed to bring wood but didn't, which made the night more fun in the long term. We napped for literally like 5 minutes then went outside and started the fire with cardboard and paper until I could add big wood that I had left over from the thanks giving fire. we sat around a bit, V went to go grab some marshmallows at a store and I dumpstered wood from across the street (through out the night I would dumpster wood to keep the fire up usually with Dreads). People started to trickle in as time went by, you have to walk down an alleyway to get to where the fire pit is so I left a note on the door (the alleyway is also where the back door to a club and a restaurant are). Everyone was here: Guts, Dread and his girlfriend and their Belgian friend, V, Australia and a friend of hers, Kunoichi and her whole house (four other girls), TKJ and three pals of his from outta town, Ice Cream, and a girl from the neighborhood that I don't hang out with too much.
We all hung around and I brought out the snacks: mini cookies, some pastries, a bag pretzels, candy canes and of course a bucket of frosting to top off whatever you're eating.
Everyone brought some awesomeness to the the fire that night. Some of the more visible awesome took place as follows;
Kunoichi fire span with her hula hoop to acoustic music from one of her roomies on the guitar, it was impressive.
Dreads juggled flaming pins despite being a bit tipsy, his ending was awesome, he vanished into the dark by swinging the flames out.
Three people brought guitars and those rotated between Kunoichi's house, TKJ's crew, Guts and Dreads and his girlfriend, needless to say vocals were switched off and combined through out as well.
V tap danced on some dumpstered wood but I missed it because I was showing someone where the bathroom was, but I heard it was good.
We all hung around the fire talking, Ice Cream tried to gain back some of the time I slept on her shoulder by doing the same time me, but I moved a lot, while talking and gesturing and tending to the fire :-/ At around midnight I get a text asking for the address but it was sent at around 10 so I feel bad and answer without knowing who it is, a bit later my neighbor arrives with a friend and they chill with us.
The night moseyed on and some people peeled off and some people got drunker from passing around tallboys and 40s. Two of TKJ's friends, the two girls were pretty drunk and they started drumming on the back door of a club next door to see if they could get in, we were all still around the fire when we see a bouncer stick his head out the door after they bang hard for a bit and he tells them something then slams the door. They tell us they wanna go clubbing and run out the alley to who knows where.
We keep the fire going, chilling and talking and laughing and making music, when the two girls come back, I thought they danced in the club so I give them high fives for being drunk and awesome and not caring. Turns out coat check is $5 and cover is another $5 so they dropped off their coats and headed off, I wanted to go with as did TKJ and the third friend, I made sure people were watching the fire (Australia and Ice Cream). We walked around the block to a club, and watched as the bouncer turned TKJ's friends down despite their lack of coats. "we're too poor and ugly to get in",
Nah, "fuck that club!"
"yea fuck it!"
We all went back to the fire in a good mood. Wood had just run out when my neighbor Kouka-mono came out and chilled for a bit, he had a dead chair made of wood that he brought out to burn. Ice Cream was tired and wanted to crash the living room, but there weren't any covers so I told her take the bed I'll be up later and stayed out a bit longer with Kouka-mono because people were trickling out slowly until it was just us. Tired from a ridiculous week and an awesome night I decided it was time to bounce and hit the hay. Kouka-mono brought a bucket of water and poured the flames out. A huge cloud of steam appeared and we left quickly so we wouldn't be around if it caught people's attention.
Inside I felt the excitement of the night fade but it didn't disappear altogether. I undressed, got into pajamas and joined Ice Cream in bed. She was freezing so we unzipped the sleeping bag and used it as a second blanket, then lay down and talked and cuddled. I really felt like kissing Ice Cream at one point but she beat me to it; as I was about to turn her head turned around and planted one on my lips! I was really happy with that and we kissed and cuddled until we fell asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment