Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sore Legs

Well the parkour on Friday was more intense than I thought it would be, my legs were sore the entire weekend, but that's partly due to the fact that I didn't give them any time to rest the whole time.
After parkour I went to Kunoichi's place to swing dance with the whole crew but there were tired so we watched a movie hung out and fell asleep, except I couldn't sleep so I slipped out, hopped onto the bike and headed to the burned up pharmacy to see what the deal was. I was happy to see that the dumpster was now much improved, without a lid and a lock getting in and digging around was that much easier, I left with a basket full of food and went back to Kunoichi's to sleep.
Wake, hang out a bit, go home, go to TKJ's place and from there we head out to Food Not Bombs.
It was a good time there, we dumpstered a ton of produce and cooked it all up; vegetable stir fry, spicy potatoes and fruit salad. I meet ran into a friend there (Australia) and met a cool girl there too. We served at Berri UQAM and then went back to the Co-op. There we hung a bit and then all split to go our own ways.
Pines was throwing a house party for St Patrick's day but it was meh so I rolled out early. I went to Australia's place. TKJ, Dreads, Guts, the girl from Food Not Bombs, Dreads' girlfriend and of course Australia, the best part was they were all on the balcony in the box fort that they had built earlier from dumpstered cardboard. We all slept outside that night under the cardboard and it was good. The rain and hail didn't get to us except a tiny bit on Dreads. Guts was also pretty sore from training and he went inside to sleep, a wise choice.
We followed up the good night with a fun day at Concordia eating free food from the People's Potato and listening to panel presentations on various social, political, economic and psychological issues. I was very tired at this point and me and the girl from FnB slept on each other's shoulders for a portion of the talks, which is too bad for two reasons:
They seemed interesting
I twitch and jerk when I sleep while trying to remain awake, even when that means hitting people with my head.
Afterwards we hit a few dumpsters on the way to Australia's house were we took down the fort, made smoothies and just hung til dinner which was also partly dumpstered, it's cool being with a crew that's down to hit dumpsters left and right for fun and practicality.
TKJ had left his bike helm at Australia's place so we brought it back to his house and kicked it there a bit before checking the pharmacy dumpster and splitting off home.
Of course, all transportation was achieved via bicycle so my legs never got a chance to recover from the parkour all the way and are still sore...
Will probably be at a protest against police brutality tomorrow with Australia, Dreads, TKJ and the girl from FnB (we'll call her Ice Cream).

No comments:

Post a Comment